Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Brr...It's cold in here!!!

 
When I was young my mother encouraged me to join swimming lessons at a community campground. We had a pool in our backyard so I wasn’t what you would call enthused to go swim in someone else’s pool. My mom on the other hand, was always a little nervous with kids in the pool wanted to make sure I was a strong swimmer. We always had very strict rules with our pool, no swimming with out begging one of my older siblings to stay outside and watch, stay in the shallow end if they were outside but not fully committed to watching, and never ever go out alone!
So, I started swimming lessons. I can only imagine the frown I had the first day. Luckily, I had a plan! I had been paying attention to all of the “pool” talk in our home, and I was going to find something wrong with the campground pool! I didn’t find anything wrong with the pool, but I at least saw an area for improvement. The temperature…BRRR!
Being at an all knowing age of 8, I knew my aquatic knowledge far surpassed that of my instructor. Really, I truly believed I was trying to do a good deed for my entire class. “Umm excuse me, but have you ever thought of getting a heater?” I asked, with all 50 pounds of me shaking with a slight tinge of blue (I was not used to such “harsh” swimming conditions.). When the answer I received was a flat out “No”, I went to my second option. I suggested the use of a solar blanket, and I couldn’t imagine why my helpful advice was not received with thanks of gratitude.
I did not return for lessons the following year. Maybe my mom felt bad for my body being blue, or she was slightly embarrassed to bring me back? Either way, this is me reminding all you pool owners to pull those solar blankets on at night to maintain the precious heat you gained during the day. If you decide you need a heater to satisfy your picky swimmers, you know where to find us!

Swimming season is almost here!

-Liana vandenHof-Rhondenizer
My little one enjoying Nan and Papa's Heated Pool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment