Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Saturday 9 April 2011

Swamp Vegetable

The sun is shining and the pools are thawing out! The spring opening kits are starting to fly off the shelves, and were all getting excited for our busiest time of year – Pool Opening Season‼ J
In the theme of pool opening, I decided to share a little pool opening story of my own!
In 2009, my fiancĂ© and I had moved into a house with an above ground pool. Let’s just say, the previous owners did NOT get their pool closing advice from Holland Home Leisure. Such a lovely shade of green!
After about 2 weeks of steady scooping from the swamp that was our above ground pool, my fiancĂ© yelled inside for me to come see what he had “found”. As you can imagine, walking onto the back deck I had many thoughts of what I was about to witness.
A turnip wasn’t really the first thing that came to mind! But there it was, sitting on the pool deck, in all its slimy glory! After a good laugh, we both ventured many guesses as to how it had gotten in there. Vegetable lawn bowling? Or was our pool actually swampy enough that it had GROWN this lovely turnip over the winter?
The ‘pool turnip’ has since become very famous, and I can always count on my yearly phone call from frantic friends who have pools stating they are having “trouble” opening their pool. Inevitably, the problem is always the same; they just can’t seem to find their pool turnip‼
So remember, no matter what is hiding under that winter cover this spring, I have probably seen worse (much worse) and with a little patience, it CAN be clear in time for swimming season!
I challenge you ALL to top the famous ‘pool turnip’ and tell me your best/funniest pool story the next time you’re in! I can’t wait to hear the stories!
Until next time,
Katie McLean

No comments:

Post a Comment