Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Wednesday 18 May 2011

For the Foody


One thing about the vandenHof family is we like to eat! A good recipe gets passed quicker than any gossip. Pasta, risotto, salmon, salads…mmm YUM!

We all have our all-time favorites, meals that you can barely go a week without, meals that my 7 year old will request every other day, and meals that show up at every single family potluck. I thought I would give you one my little ones all time favorites  (it can not be cooked in your backyard…oops!). I would like to present this opportunity for all of are followers to send in your favorite family recipe! J

Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta (Called Special Pasta in our house)

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Basil Pesto
2-3 tbs of Sweet Chili Sauce
4 (or more) cloves of garlic
Fresh Cilantro chopped
1 box bow tie noodles (or shell)
½ cup Fresh Parmesan

Put water on to boil noodles.
Cook your chicken in a little bit of olive oil along with your garlic, when it is cooked, add your sweet chili sauce, cook for one or two minutes. Put your noodles in your boiling water.
Add the bottle of Basil Pesto to your chicken, keep on low heat.
When the noodles are cooked, add to the pan (I use a very deep frying pan), add the parmesan and the fresh cilantro (I use a large handful of cilantro or more). Stir well/

I serve with a fresh salad on the side and little fresh parmesan sprinkled on top.

I look forward to reading some of your family favorites! You can either respond directly on the blog or e-mail me at liana@hollandhomeleisure.com

Ok, Now I’m hungry J

-Liana vandenHof-Rhondenizer

No comments:

Post a Comment