Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Staying Young

Last night I witnessed my 7 year old in full costume and “stage” make up for her Dance Class photo shoot. I felt like I was in an episode of Tot’s and Tiara’s, surrounded by children ages 4 and up in mascara and lipstick. My daughter was absolutely thrilled to have full permission to leave the house with make up on, I on the other hand looked behind me to see my baby girl in her booster seat with more make up on than I had, and was mortified.

In the days of dance classes, acting lessons and countless other activities our little ones seem older than they really are. I for one am so happy to be in a business that provides family activities that allow kids to act their age. I am all for any activity that allows kids to be just that, kids! Swimming is still the highlight of my daughter’s summer; summer has not officially arrived until she gets to go for a dip in the pool. If we stay in a hotel for the night, the first question asked by her is always the same, is there a pool?

The joy of watching kids swimming and splashing around in the water, having competitions to see who can make the biggest splash always makes me smile. Pool water also has the tendency to revert some adults back into the children! If these youthful adults enter a splash competition the odds of winning tend to be in their favor!  So, this summer I’m voting for activities that keep the young acting young, and have the young at heart joining in!
Talk soon!

-Liana vandenHof Rhodenizer

No comments:

Post a Comment