Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Thursday 8 September 2011

Hot Tub Hoedown


One question I always hear when talking to people about hot tubs is “I am just not sure I will use it.” Having been lucky enough to grow up with a hot tub in the backyard I have so many memories of me and my family with the hot tub as the centerpiece. So I thought I would gather my top three favorite reasons why I LOVE a hot tub!

#3 on my favorites list is Birthday Parties!

Lucky for me my birthday is in the winter…yes, pool parties are fun but hot tub parties are better! In my younger years after a day of sledding or skating the best party finale was a soak in the hot tub, there really is nothing better after a cold day! Then when you are all done with your bathing suit snow ball fight you can head inside and have hot chocolate with your cake (so much better than pop!). My mom is also known for making the best homemade hot chocolate… I wonder if she would share her recipe (hint hint Mom). After sledding was no longer “age appropriate” we graduated to “spa themed” parties with the hot tub soak as the highlight. The vandenHof Spa was very popular and our clients always left happy!

#2 on my list is Holidays!

Every family has their own holiday traditions, but I loved the Christmas Day soak in the hot tub, especially when there was a nice light snow! Come on now, doesn’t that sound picture perfect? I am also pretty sure the hot tub got some attention on some other holidays, such as the New Years Eve parties (those always made for some comical moments) and any other holiday where the family was all together. The hot tub served as the quiet relaxation that holidays are supposed to include but often get missed in the hustle and bustle of it all.

#1 on my list Quality Family Time!

The hot tub was the center of many serious conversations in my family. I can’t speak on behalf of my siblings but I can definitely tell you the hot tub was where my father and I had our best “father daughter talks”. The hot tub was our safe spot, where we could share secrets and solve problems! Lucky for me my dad is a pretty amazing problem solver! In high school years I told him the truth about which boy I liked, how I was really doing in school, and all of my hopes and dreams for the future. It was where he got all the juicy gossip (which I’m sure he then shared with my Mom!). There were no distractions and in a large busy family, who doesn’t want to escape for 20 minutes and have your own personal one on one time. Our hot tub chats were never complete with out us hashing out the best players on the local basketball teams (Go Acadia!)

Now, my job is to help people find the best hot tub to suit them and their lifestyle. My favorite part is to see how excited they are when they come in after having the tub for a few weeks, and they tell me about the new traditions their family has developed. They usually mention that they should have done it years earlier! What a fun product to sell!

Talk soon,

Liana vandenHof-Rhodenizer

No comments:

Post a Comment