Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Friday 7 October 2011

Giving Thanks

Five years ago this weekend we celebrated the grand opening of our new store here in New Minas.  We were overwhelmed by the support we felt that day.  We were surrounded, by staff, vendors, customers, community leaders, and family.  We can never thank everyone enough for their support not only that day but over the past 31 years.  31 years in the pool industry, some days it feels like an eternity, and others it feels like it was only yesterday.   Being Thanksgiving Weekend I would like to thank some of those that have made it possible
Our Staff; being in the service industry staff is an essential part of success.   We have been blessed to have many of our staff members make it their career to work at Holland Home Leisure.  For others it was a summer job, while attending university, often staying for 4 or more years.  We have seen continued growth in each of  their abilities, and they have risen to the many challenges we have placed in front of them.  Their dedication to our company, and also to our customers, has been instrumental in our growth and success.  Thank you to all of our staff members, past and present for your commitment and dedication.
Our Vendors;  Over the past 31 years we have had the opportunity to work with many different vendor partners.  Over those years we have built some lasting partnerships, with vendors that not only supply us with a high quality service or product, but have also invested back into our company through staff training and incentives.  I have been blessed to work with some of the top individuals in the industry, who have challenged us and helped us as we strived to supply our customers with a higher level of service.  Many of these partnerships have also developed into lasting friendships.  Thank you to our many vendor partners both local and national, for your continued support and understanding.
Our Customers;  What would we be without our customers?  It always amazes me at the continued support we receive, and we never take it for granted that this support will continue.  We understand that to maintain this support we also have to supply you with a high level of service and product, and that there have been times that we may have failed to do so.  Our commitment is to continue to grow in the level of service we provide.  We would like to thank all our customers for their support, and friendship over the past years.
Our Community;  What can I say, we live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.  Not only are we surrounded by some of the most scenic beauty in the world, we are also blessed to have some of the most caring business and community leaders.  A great example of that is the support our company has received from business leaders in support of our fundraising efforts for Cystic Fibrosis, with generous gifts of service and products for our auction.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have not only supported us in these efforts, but all those who give back to our community through the many other great causes.
My Family; Where to begin?  When we started in the pool industry 31 years ago, it was not always easy, and sometimes I think it was my family who had to suffer the most through those early years.  Without the love and support of my family we would not be here today.  Thank you to Deb my wife, and to Scott, Anitra, Jasmine, and Liana my kids for being there for me.  It is only with your love & support through those years, and your continued support through the next 31 years that we were able to grow and be successful.
Last I would like to thank my parents.  It is always a bittersweet memory when I think back on our grand opening here in New Minas 5 years ago.  I was blessed to be able to celebrate that day with both my parents, but I will also always remember that weekend as the time my mom became ill, and she passed away shortly after.  I was blessed to have parents, who encouraged me to not only work hard, & dream big, but also that success is not only measured in dollars and cents, but in how we interact and treat one another.  This is something I continue to strive to accomplish, but I guess that is a lifelong goal to accomplish.  Thanks for being there for me.
Mike vandenHof

1 comment:

  1. Mike, glad I was there to see this happen! May you have many, many years of success. All the best to you Debby and the staff at HHL.
    Shelly Brown MacDonald

    ReplyDelete