Fun in the SUN

Fun in the SUN

Monday 3 October 2011

Let's be thankful!

I thought with Thanksgiving just around the corner I would give you an idea of what some of our staff members are most looking forward to this turkey season (besides the extra day off)!

Debby says she is thankful for “Family, friends and stuffing!”

Also, I want to say a huge “thank you” to all of the supporters for our upcoming Splash for CF Auction and Dinner event on October 27th. I must say HHL is overwhelmed with the amount of support we have received from local companies who have donated items and from all of those who have purchased tickets. There are a few tickets left so if you are interested in joining us for a 5 course meal (including wine) give me a call at 681-3030!

For our live auction we have received the following items:

$500 in Free Chemicals- BioGuard
2500 Air Miles- Frasers
A pair of Windward Loungers- Holland Home Leisure
Diamond Hoop Earrings- L/S Rhodenizer
Fine Dining Dinner for 8 in your home- Acton’s Grill & CafĂ©


For our silent auction we have received the following items:

$100 G/C- Duggars                           Brunch for 2 X3- Old Orchard Inn                             
Hot Stone Massage-Eau Spa       Necklace/Earrings/Scarf-Country Stoves & Sunrooms
$50 G/C- My Mothers Bloomers               Massage-Kings Physio
$50 G/C- Phinneys                       2 Income Tax Returns- Herritt Income Tax
8X12 Canvas Print-Matt Kozera               $85 G/C- Prince George Hotel
$25 G/C-Maxwells Shoes                        12lb Lobster-B. Spinney     
Original Artwork- C. VanderHeide  $50 g/C- City Girl Cakes
$20 G/C-Beleaf Spa                      Burning Push-Briar Patch
$50 G/C-Port Pub                        Free Range Chicken- D. Meisner
Pair Season Tickets to Acadia Basketball- Acadia Athletics
Pair of Season Tickets to Acadia Basketball with Signed Jersey- Acadia Atheltics

WOW, I am not sure what I’m going to bid on yet, there are so many great items!

Also a big thank you to K-Rock who is our Official Media Sponsor, and to Pam from Cystic Fibrosis Canada-Scotia Chapter who has been incredibly helpful in the planning of the event!

Kristi’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition is “picking out the turkey with her dad, and always getting one that is bigger than her mom sent them out to get”.

Katie says “My favorite part of thanksgiving is having two turkey dinners! Trying not to fill up too much on the first one, then racing to the in-laws for the second meal of the day. Always a fun day spent with all of my family.”

Coming up on this Saturday, October 8th we are having a Big Green Egg cookout in our New Minas location (8794 Commercial Street). There will be lots of free samples cooked on the BGE and Thanksgiving coloring pages for the kids! Free will offering for Splash for CF would be appreciated but is not necessary! We will be having a Splash for CF BBQ at the same time, so come join us for lunch, all proceeds go to the fight against Cystic Fibrosis!

Jenn says “My favorite part of Thanksgiving is my husbands amazing stuffing (made with REAL butter!  Mmm so good….) Of course getting to spend time with family and we always have a card tournament after we clean up supper”

Brad says “I am most thankful for my family and the fact they are all healthy. I am also very grateful to have a great group of friends to enjoy a glass on vino with this long weekend. Oh yeah, my favourite meal is a turkey dinner WITH stuffing so hopefully I’ll get to taste some of that.”

As with my fellow staff members I am also thankful for family, friends and good food! As much as you try to appreciate your family and friends all year, I love that this is a time to be able to express your thankfulness and all spend time together! I am also thankful for my Mom’s gravy and my Dad’s turkey, since mine just never turn out as good!

Until next time,

Liana vandenHof-Rhodenizer

P.S. Don’t forget to bring out the stretchy turkey pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment